Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ


1.  What is your working EQ?

  • What is most important in creating a (business/home) landscape design.

2.  What is a possible answer to your working EQ? 

  • Planning and analyzing your landscape before going on with what you have in mind. Planning and analyzing allows for a clear cut plan that you are sure of and confident to apply. 
  • Also pick the right kinds of plants that are adapted to the climate you are living in. Most importantly capture what your clients wants and is asking you to do. 

3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ? 

  • http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Watershed/growgreen/landscaping.pdf
  • The source above has helped me tremendously even  though it is very simple and is based on one area of Texas. With that,  It has showed me what you have to do when living in different climates and what you can do to make your house more aesthetically pleasing. Little details that wouldn't cross the mind when planning are present in this article, like Temperature, Season, Lighting exposure etc...It is a very good article.
4. Who is your mentor, or where are you volunteering, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?
  • Rosalio Jimenez is my mentor, he relates to my topic in that he owns his own business in Landscaping/ Gardening. He is a professional and teaches me all I need to know when I am on the job helping him out. He designs and plans landscapes for customer, while planning he gives me pointers which helps me answer my EQ. Also he teahes me how to install irrigation systems which a huge subtopic in landscaping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment