Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1.  List your topic here:  Landscaping
2.  What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs?  Be specific and use an example.  Examples can come from senior project, model assembly, core, and/or participation in senior class ASB or other organizations on campus (clubs etc).

I-POLY CITIZEN: 
  • I will become an effective I-poly citizen and show growth by respecting others, helping the lower class and doing everything in my power to help the class of 2014. I am sure by helping teachers and volunteering I can become an effective I-poly citizen. When attending class and a peer needs help I will offer my help and help to the best of my knowledge. Also I will be responsible and try to join the most amount of committees and engage in senior activities.
EFFECTIVE LEARNER:
  • I will become an effective learner and show growth by participating in class, paying attention to the teacher and studying every single day. Everyone has a different way of being an effective learner, people retain knowledge and what is being taught at different rates. Some can just listen and already become an effective learner. As for me, I will have to take notes and study several days before a test to retain what I have learned and be an effective learner. In class I will stay away from friends and always take notes ti be the most effective learner I can be.

EFFECTIVE USER OF TECHNOLOGY:
  • I will become an effective user of technology and show growth by practicing on by typing skills, using programs such as Word and PowerPoint to make my life easier. Being a teenager and going to a technological rich school I already am an effective user but there is always more to improve on. Technology was invented to make life easier and I tend to take advantage of that. I will try my best to use technology in everything I can like homework, senior project and model assembly because by doing so I will use technology to help me and therefore be an effective user of technology. 
Effective Communicator 
  • I will become an effective communicator and show growth by getting involved with my peers, getting along with others and ask questions when needed. An example of being a good communicator is getting an idea across to people without them asking any questions. Pitching ideas to peers and not arguing about whats being said. But to be an effective communicator you need an effective learner. If the person does not want to learn or take in what you are saying then you are not communicating. So to be an effective communicator you need everyone to hear you even the hard-headed stubborn people.

No comments:

Post a Comment