Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1



Content:  
  • LITERAL
    (a) I, Juan Rizo, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
  • (b) My source was my Mentor, Rosalio Jimenez. I attain mostly all my knowledge of my topic  from him.
    (c)  Here is the link,
 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amqk500aJNz9dGFLOUZQN3ROMUZzczZsbndFQ1JyWGc&usp=sharing
  • (d) My 30 hours consisted of working and helping my mentor complete jobs that need to be completed. He also taught me the value of work and what it takes to evaluate and appraise a job. 
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    On a common day we would go around to about 20 houses doing busy work maintaing and grooming landscapes. On weekends we would do bigger jobs such as planting and making landscapes, after all the hours of work and labor my mentor would test me and have me evalute the work. Once I gave an estimate he told me what I did wrong in my estimation and then told me the right price. 
  • APPLIED
    How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.                   During  my 30 hours we did a couple of jobs that lasted more than 5 hours. On one of those jobs I  just observed my mentor manage the job. I watched him direct and assign his employees to do specific jobs. By obserbing my mentor i learbed the basics on what it takes to manage a business.
  • Also on another job I actually did hands on work and helped with the job. I worked over 5 hours in the hot sun doing heavy work, After the job was finished my mentor asked me what I thought the cost of the job should be according to what I did. After I guessed he told me how close I was and then taught me the different variables that go into quoting a job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment